Friday, June 27, 2014


The Writing Process Blog Hop!

Happy Friday!  I’ve been tagged by Bethany Myers in a blog hop to discuss my writing process, so here goes:

1.   What am I working on?

 
I’m thrilled to announce Reality Re-Do, my romance novella and hopefully the first of a three part series is being published by The Wild Rose Press Rose Press. I just found out this week that it will be available 9/3/14.  So aside from promoting, making this blog prettier and making the jump to a website, I am actually writing as well.  I’m working on edits for Reality Re-Mix and still tweaking the first draft of Reality Rewind.  Re-Mix is a follow-up novella and Rewind will be a short, fill in the past novella which will end the storyline. I only recently came up with ending which surprised me.

 

2.   How is my work different from others of its genre?
 

I hope it is different!  The MC, Beth, takes a chance on writing into her favorite reality television show, aka her coping mechanism, and ends up taking a chance on love in the process.
           

3.   Why do I write what I do?
 
I didn’t set out to write romance; in fact I’m shocked I did!  I initially wrote a YA four years ago that is now getting dusty and tried a couple of other projects, the story of Scott and Beth came to me last year and the two wouldn’t leave me alone until I wrote about them.  Thankfully, this novella found a publisher who loved them as much as I do.

4.   How does my writing process work?

 
Everything I have written has started off in a spiral notebook.  I have stacks of them!  I write a messy outline then actually start writing the story, usually in order, in messy longhand.  Sometimes I type a chapter if I think I nailed it, but usually let the ink dry for a few days then type it up on the computer. I consider the longhand the first draft and the typing the first edits.  I know others think this is archaic and nuts, but it works for me!

 

Thanks so much for this opportunity, Bethany, and thanks for stopping by blog-hoppers!

Ally

 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new series, Bethany. I look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pub date and your series. If I had to write by hand, it's be the end of my career!!

    ReplyDelete